Sunday 20 August 2017

DINAS 2017

Yesterday was our first ever time competing at DINAS and we really enjoyed the show! It was a big show and another one with a lot of very tough competition. However, we got to meet up with our friends again which was very fun. Despite losing her head in a couple of runs during the day, Ethel did some lovely work and gave me a better idea of what I need to work on with her. She's such a star that I often forget she's still young and we still have lots to improve on. It's all about enjoying the journey, having fun with the highs and working through the lows!


She pulled off a lovely flowing clear in grade 7 jumping which I was very happy with! It was our final run of the day and a brilliant one to finish on. She's always excelled in jumping and they're always so much fun to run with her!

She also had a very close YKC agility run, with a naughty dog walk contact right at the end! It was going so well up until then, too! It looks like we need to work extra hard to perfect those contacts! She will have consistent and reliable contacts one day, I'm determined to make it happen!

This little girl makes me work for sure, but a challenge is always a good thing and will help me become a better trainer in the long run. Come on Ethel, let's get to work!

2 comments: