Friday 25 August 2017

Dog Vegas - 23 & 26/08/2017

This show was a little different from the others that we normally do. While I usually run Ethel and sometimes Kelly the Staffie for her owner, this time, I only ran Kelly as I forgot to enter Ethel! Nevertheless, it was a fun and successful show for Kelly and I, plus I got to give Ethel a few runs in the training ring, so she didn't miss out. This also proved extremely beneficial for her, so a major positive came out of forgetting to enter her in the competition!


As you can see, Kelly and I did really well, with a win and two 2nd's in grade 7 jumping! They were near flawless runs with tight turns and Kelly's usual power and speed! I haven't been running Kelly for that long and I don't train with her away from competitions, so her owner and I were especially pleased! Our partnership is improving with every show and I'm looking forward to a successful future running Kelly!

I also took Ethel for a few runs in the training ring over the couple days, mainly to train her contacts as she's been having some issues with them in competition recently and jumping off them too early! Well, she did them all perfectly every single time, proving she can do her contacts properly when she puts her mind to it! Our goal is to get them just as solid as they were in the training ring in actual competition and I'm determined to make it happen!

Despite the difference to our normal competitions, overall it was a very fun, successful and beneficial couple days for us all! I can't wait to get back to running Ethel (and not forgetting to enter her...!) and improving even more with Kelly at the next show!

No comments:

Post a Comment