Sunday 14 December 2014

That Fun-Filled Weekend (& B&W Sunday)

I can't wait for today's post to escalate - we've had such a fun and successful weekend this weekend (remember Friday's early Sepia Saturday post where I warned you on our hectic time?)! Anyway, lets get going!

Yesterday (Sat 13 Dec) we went competing at a Dog Vegas Agility Show. I was and still am chuffed to bits with Earl once again - we won our money agility graded 5-7 (£12!!) and came 2nd in our jumping graded 5-7! He enjoyed himself again, and I can see he is getting even more confident the more shows we enjoy together. I love competing with him, I can practically feel the positive spark between us as we work through! He's such an amazing, bright little character!


Yesterday, we also went to our dog team's Christmas meal, and my secret santa was two doggy rings! People know I am happiest when my dogs are happy! I bet I am not alone at all! 



That was yesterday. Secondly, today (Sun 14 Dec) we went to our dog club's Christmas Party today! It was super fun, and there were plenty of presents, games, and food of course!! Earl, Ethel and I fancy-dressed up for the day and enjoyed showing off our festive appearance. Then Earl and I won the 'musical mats' (same as musical chairs but with mats everywhere so the dogs can join in!) showing our skilfulness in nimbleness!!! Earl was delighted to win a tug rope toy to tug with Ethel. Then, our team won the best of 3 agility egg and spoon rally, and luckily, my mum and Ethel were on the same team as Earl and I, so they both got a fun toy! A lovely, soft and squishy snaky thing for Earl, and a MASSIVE version for Ethel! The party host made sure Ethel, the youngest and smallest in the team got the largest present!! Then, inside, after deciding the grass was way too muddy and slippery to continue the games, we found the same skilled lady who had engraved beautifully Earl's name and paw prints on a wooden bone Christmas tree decoration last year, and requested for Ethel to be made one too! Its lovely, and they now sit side-by-side on the tree in our living room. Cute. Talk about it. They have it!

The dogs also enjoyed wearing their neck scrunchies with bells I bought for them! Complete with decorated leads, which survived the fancy dress competition, however completely fell apart throughout the day!!!


Whilst everyone was leaving the field and preparing to go up to the indoor party, I had a mini photography lesson with one of our good agility buddies, who is a great photographer with the most wonderfully high-tech cameras! (Or, at least to me, still with my digital!). I took a few photos with her camera, however still managed to get some absolutely stunners with my own camera, see above and below. I especially love the top one, with the wind blowing Earl's ear! I can't wait to see if Santa delivers me a 'proper' big camera for Christmas….!


Here is a quick look at all the goodies we managed to receive this weekend below. The snake twists and the tennis ball tug rope were won at the party today, the wooden decoration was bought at the party today, and the rubber hoops were received as a secret santa at last night's Christmas meal. A lot!



Now for our Black and White Sunday contribution! Because how on earth could we go a Sunday without hopping along for this photogenic and beautiful photo hop?! We cannot.

This photo sums up our PAWsome weekend in that one special little face. Plus, it allows me to squeeze another beautiful snapshot I captured in the post!!



We're delighted to be participating in the Black and White Sunday Blog Hop very kindly hosted by Dachshund Nola and Sugar The Golden Retriever - thanks again, guys!



Don't forget, we're revealing the true colour of Ethel's new collar in our post tomorrow, alongside the correct guesser(s)! If you want to guess the colour of Ethel's new collar easily and quickly in the comment section, don't be afraid to GO STRAIGHT TO OUR SEPIA POST HERE!


22 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you in the blog hop. Thank you Nola and Sugar! Abby the Lab and her Mom LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great weekend! Huge congratulations on your agility and it sounds like the party was great too!
    Wags and Woofs from Imogen and Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great weekend!! MASSIVE well done from Poppy and I, Grade 7 for you doesn't seem too far away now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the photos by the way :D I'm guessing you have a LOT of results to track back and a lot of photos to take to get the awards page back up and running!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Haha!

      Thanks. Well, I'm thinking of maybe doing it a little differently :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow that's a lot of fun in one weekend! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! and Golden Congrats!!! Woofs to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to you. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Y'all!

    Absolutely PAWSOME!!! What a fun time! and of course, congratulations are in order!

    Y'all come on by,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your winnings and a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So many amazing things happening over there! And look at that preciously proud face in the last photo! Too cute, I must say.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete