Wednesday 6 August 2014

Ethel came home and IS home!!!!

Well, little Ethel came home on Sunday!! I am sorry that I have left you all in suspense for 3 paining days, however, I prepared you for the coming absence on my part for at least  few days because of our new puppy in last Saturday's post - bringing up a new little life is a very hectic thing for most, and its sure been a PAWsome, busy past few days for us in our household!

OK, so basically, Ethel is doing just about famously!

She has only done ONE wee properly in the house so far (touching that wood there) which is, in my opinion, remarkable for an 8 week old puppy and her new home she's just getting settled into! The other couple have just been excited dribbles when greeting us from inside her crate, not being able to wait to be unleashed!!

She has just about masted 'sit', when I show her how using my hand (and treats…!) and is responding to her name, or at least getting there pretty much so.

Her and Earl are friends, when we introduced them they had a sniff, and Earl couldn't care less! NOW, they roll around together and they were even tugging on a raggy this morning - together! Its so lovely to experience a once only-dog adapting so happily to suddenly having a companion.

She passed her vet check with flying colours, and especially loved his delicious GRAVY BONES!!!!! Mmmmmm :-)

Getting carried away there. Ethel told me to put that, OK?

Anyway. She has bundles of energy, and loves nothing more than zooming round the garden dragging behind her the hugest, heaviest toy in the basket around with her! I wouldn't be surprised if she now had mouth ache!! Severely!!

Earl and her are learning to share toys too!

We have to work on her love of twigs, leaves, petals, etc however. These are what she loves to have a good gnaw on, which we don't allow her to do.

On her journey home Sunday, she was sick once, big time. She whined, obviously feeling off at first, then slept soundly and solidly for the rest of the long journey! Bless her sweet little PUPsicle heart.

She also loves her cuddles with me. The bond is forming lovingly! The entire family has fallen in love with her big time - she is totally part of us now!!!

When she's asleep, Earl and I have some alone time, just the 2 of us, interacting. That's important. But he's so happy being a threesome now!

Its still exciting waking up to a pup every morning! 


Journey home

Juts chilling. No biggie guys.

You jelly of my fabulous rope?

Die Wubba, die!

I smell a stuffed something

Georg face

Bus driver career maybe??

Nope. Too tired. But outdoor pillows? Genius man.

My tail feels soothingly cool - but why?!

Road rage!! *Screeeech*

Career taken up. We're gonna drive to the bone factory peeps!! You OK with that? Tuff.

We need YOU! Oh wait, no we don't.

Great start to a future agility career!!

I feel small! This is wrong!

And of course, a photo I just can't get enough of (I think I shall just HAVE to get it printed, blown up, and framed) is…



LOVING IT!!! <3

Hope everyone is still well, because you know, its been a horribly long time… 3 days is pitiful, huh? Hehehehehe. Sure.

Anyway, I'll post when I can! And some may be a little more wordless than today. But hey ho!

See you soon!







29 comments:

  1. Really glad you're all getting on ok! Ethel is really sweet and of course, Earl as handsome as ever! Can't wait to hear more on your adventures together!
    Wags and Woofs from Imogen and Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom Kim here - Oh do I remember the big and small - Shiloh was 3 when I first brought Diva Shasta home at 8 weeks. I have a picture of them playing tug of war that I cherish as well as a few others of them playing together. Even now, they are now 11 and soon to be 8 years old - wonderful memories and still making more.
    WELCOME TO BLOGVILLE ETHEL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ethel you sweet precious bag of joy
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Glad that Ethel is settling in well! I am so looking forward to the next pupdate! Remember pictures of the handsome Earl, too! ;)

    Lots of love, woofs and wags,
    Everyone from My Dog Diaries x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD she is cute and love the last pic with Earl. Glad they are getting along nicely together. What fun for Earl to have a fur buddy. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome. A new puppy is always so exciting and fun, a lot of work too, but we wouldn't trade those puppy days for anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, and it is exciting and quite some work, but its all worth it and neither would we!

      Delete
  7. She is so cute! So pleased to hear they are getting on so well together xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Ethel, you are delicious :-) Welcome little one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my , I don't think she could possibly be any cuter!! It's so great to hear that you are all hitting it off so well. Keep having fun!
    Lots of wags and woofs from the crew at Wag n Woof Pets



    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhhhhhhh my dog!!!!! How adorable is that!!!!!
    She is pawfect! Just pawfect!!!!!!
    Wow! She's just a wee little Earl! I'm so happy for you and wish you good luck!
    P.S we linked up to the PPP!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY!!! :-D
      Glad you like her!
      Thanks!

      Thank you for PPP link :-))

      Delete
  11. Ethel is adorable! We just love the picture of her tail in the water bowl. haha We are absolutely thrilled for you, Earl!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is adorable. Nothing like a puppy to keep you on your toes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD...lots of puppy squeeees!! She is adorable!! So glad to hear her and Earl are becoming fast friends!!

    ReplyDelete