Monday 4 May 2015

A to Z April Challenge 2015 Reflection

As most of you will know, we have recently completed the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2015. For a whole month last month, we have enjoyed educating you about the sport of dog agility, and all the ins and outs. We hope that you have learnt something from our alphabetical posts last month; we have loved joining in the challenge. So, we're here today to reflect on the challenge this year for us. We are successful survivors, and we are proud.



As already said by the A to Z team, 2015 has been an exceptional year for the challenge. I saw a lot of interest, including some new readers, to my challenge posts, and have loved every second. I have had a lot of positive feedback from readers, saying how they have learnt something new every day from my posts, which is always brilliant to hear.

I just found it hardish to keep up with visiting all the other blogs around my link on the A to Z list throughout the month. There are so many people joining, it wasn't easy keeping up with visiting a lot of others. I did get a share of people visited, and they re-visitng my blog, but it was time consuming and a little hard, time wise. However, I did manage to organise all my A to Z posts and post them exactly on the day they were scheduled for. This was my first issue to resolve; getting my posts ready.

I found that not as many fellow pet/dog bloggers joined the challenge this year, as they did last year. I started up with my alphabetical posts, to find that hardly any of my dog/pet blogging friends also joined in. However, the challenge did give me the opportunity to find some different blogs and have a quick read when I had the time. What I wanted to know, was why was there not a linky list for the challenge hosted by a dog blogger this year, as there was last year? What happened, and why did that stop? I found that, last year, was a great source for linking up and viewing others, who ran similar themed blogs. Many of these were followers I already had, however I did find this a good addition to the challenge.

All in all, in my opinion, I adore the yearly challenge. It brings blogs and their bloggers together, gives people a reason to blog if they've become less active online, allows people to discover and read brand new blogs they may have never come across without the challenge opportunity, and gives people inspiration if they have no post ideas, and more! I am already out of breath listing the good points, haha! This year has only been my second time taking up the challenge and succeeding, and I just love the idea and how it works. So well done to the A to Z team, for a wonderful challenge that so many different bloggers can join and benefit from online. Keep it up, and bring on the 2016 challenge!

If you would like to view all my A to Z posts, I have made a list of them here, so you can view all the posts in which could alphabetically help you in your own dog agility, training, competing and more:


All our posts have been a joy to write, and we are glad you learnt from them during the challenge.


We are joining the Blogging From A to Z Challenge team for the A to Z 2015 Reflections. We once again thank the team, and you can also write up a reflection post if you also joined in last April. Just head over to their official reflections post here to link up and find rules.

22 comments:

  1. You should be very proud! It's not an easy thing to do and I'm in awe of all the bloggers that were able to complete it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans Jen! We enjoyed it though, even though it isn't always a breeze. We think it is such a great challenge and the idea is brilliant.

      Delete
  2. We loved how your alphabet was all the same theme! Good job! Blog hops are hard to keep up with. I think keeping up with friends is almost more work than posting ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we are glad. They can be, yes.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing the challenge successfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We thought your A to Z challenge was just brilliant and very informative, Earl!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be proud! You all did a great job!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hearing about your positive experience. Now that you're a long time veteran, you can encourage newbies next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that#s a reason the be super proud... it's not easy to manage and the name is challenge... and you were fabulous from A to Z! woohoo!
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Easy! No, it can be hard sometimes, but it is all worth it and we loved the challenge!

      Delete
  8. Well done pal!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I just wanted to say how well done for completely the challenge and blogging every day for the whole of April, I'm so impressed. I'm thinking of trying agility with Barney when he's a bit older, so your posts were really interesting.
    I can't imagine the discipline it took to complete this challenge.
    Well done.
    Michelle & Barney
    www.scruffylittleterrier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Michelle! We are so glad our posts helped you. Good look with Barney, and I am sure you will both love it. The A to Z challenge isn't always a breeze, but we really enjoyed it and did so last year as well.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on completing the A to Z Challenge! Looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on completing the challenge! As the owner of a stereotypically non-agile dog, I enjoyed reading some of your posts and learning from them :) And I am glad to read that you had fun with the challenge! I have seen some pet bloggers around... Maybe we could make a tag for them next year?...
    Cheers!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are so glad to hear that! We loved it once again. That would be PAWsome.

      Delete