Tuesday 26 May 2015

Chewing New Antlers

Admit it... You thought you were going to see photos of the dogs wearing antlers, weren't you? Haha! Well, you're wrong, I'm afraid. Instead, these antlers are ones much more appreciated by my two foodies. At the show, the past weekend, I bought both Earl and Ethel a new antler chew each. And you know how much they adore their antlers! As soon as they were out of the plastic shopping bag, I had all eyes, ears, and... lolling tongues! They got right to it, chomping them down. I can tell that they will last them a good while.


Did you know, chewing is a brilliant activity for dogs, as it releases endorphins which relieves stress, with every chew. Giving your dogs chews that will last more than a single chew and swallowed is also a good idea, as the chewing will last for longer. Chewing is also something fun to do for dogs, and can prevent and relieve boredom. Chewing can also help clean teeth. There are just so many benefits of chewing!

Does your dog have a chew he loves? Or does he love many chews and has no best choice? Comment your answer below.


We are joining our hosts Kol's Notes and Sugar The Golden Retriever in the Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop. We send many thanks their way, and you can join in below.


30 comments:

  1. We love our antlers too, Earl and Ethel!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drool we love chewing. But we have never ever tasted antlers. In our country you can't buy stuff like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ello for you Earl my pal....just stoppin by to say we haz takes a wee brake frum soshull meeja fur 2 weeks....we duz not be ignorin yore pawsome blog but we iz rechargin ower batterees and com in bak stronger shawtly....opin yoo is all well

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs love antlers. We had to stop getting them for Ike because he has broken teeth and the chewing was wearing them down too much. Now our granddog Zeke gets them, and he loves them too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I hope to see you again soon, and I'll be back here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless. Oh no. Poor Ike. No problem. I will be back soon!

      Delete
  5. Try a buffalo horn like the ones we saw at the show. They would be to much like hard work for Pickles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Mine would love them, I assume!

      Delete
  6. We had an antler once and it splintered!
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That has never happened to any of our antlers before!

      Delete
  7. Antlers sure are fun to chew on! I's also a big fan of Texas Toothpicks (beef tails).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! Mine love them! Ooh, we've never tried Texas Toothpicks before!

      Delete
  8. We love rawhide chews (when I saw we, I mean Poppy does! I don't eat rawhide!)

    http://dais15pops15.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't give rawhides, but many people do and enjoy them!

      Delete
  9. Moose antlers are favorites here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our pups used to love their antlers, until Buzz fractured a tooth on a hard beef bone...that was the end of hard chews...the pups were bummed, of course. They still enjoy chewing on their bully sticks ~ the only downside of bully sticks is their short life span ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, poor Buzz. I do see where you're coming from though - one incident sends us loving owners paranoid.

      Delete
  11. Bailie is really into antlers, sometimes I chew on one as well, but the new ones are definitely the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Earl and Ethel adore them equally, but yes, they love the new ones better... soon, they'll get bored of them and we'll go and buy them new ones, over, and over again. Dogs, haha.

      Delete
  12. Oh my pups absolutely lovvvvvvvvvvvvve antlers!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We used to love antlers, but then Tucker broke his teeth on one. Now, no more antlers. We use other types of long-lasting chews. But I think my dogs really miss the antlers.
    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our dogs love antlers. They are great for strong chewers.

    ReplyDelete