Thursday 28 May 2015

The Dogs I Own

These have been floating all around the internet recently, so I thought it was time to make my own. You see, many people - the general public - think terriers (of any breed) are naturally nasty. Fellow dog owners, who are more clued up on dogs, but still don't know too much about terriers, assume they are diggers, who slip down the nearest hole and pull out rats, even if they're just family pets. I sometimes become pulled into the agility scene, thinking my dogs are born agility dogs. But really, this is all wrong, when it comes to my truly adoring dogs.


Really, my two Border Terriers are just soft, loveable and dream dogs to me - my very best friends. And although terriers can carry certain traits, just as all dogs and breeds can, they are their own dog. They are the kindest, softest, and most adoring little dogs I could ever wish for. Yes, they are good at agility, and yes, they wouldn't say no to digging if I let them, but actually, they are my two, best friends, by my side all the time. They are not nasty, and will give anyone a warm hug, given a second's chance. They do agility for me, and love it, yes. They would rather stick with me than bury themselves down a hole, although I'm sure they would with a chance! I actually own two, amazingly loving dogs, who are loyal and incredibly loving.

P.S. I did not take the top two photos.


We are joining our hosts Ruckus The Eskie, Love is Being Owned By a Husky! and Barking From the Bayou in the Thoughtless Thursday Blog Hop. We send many thanks their way, and you can join in below.


16 comments:

  1. We just happen to think that Terriers are the bestest and most loving pups!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! We agree! And we're not biased...

      Delete
  2. When Mum goes to her furstealer to get her hairs done I meet Lulu and Bramble, two gorgeous, friendly and pawfect furfriends!
    They are border terriers and I luffs them both. Lulu, is a pup still and we has great funs playing
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all dogs are kind and loveable if they have kind and loveable peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post about your sweet doggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Momma had a terrier. Great doggies
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. E and E are great! :)
    Wags and Woofs from Imogen and Millie

    ReplyDelete
  7. terriers are pawsome, we loved our WFT to the moon... Happiness is a terrier - the more the merrier :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha I just posted one for my huskies on my blog a few days back! Love it!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete