Monday 9 November 2015

5 Signs You And Your Dog Share A Close Bond

We all love our dogs like nothing else, and vice versa, of course. But do you share an amazingly close bond with your beloved dog? Here are 5 signs you do.


1. Your dog appears almost glued to your side when you're together. Your dog will want to be with you a lot of the time, however, remember dogs enjoy independent time as well. A sure sign of a good bond is a dog who chooses to be with you.

Earl

2. You have an almost telepathic way of communicating with your dog. It sounds a bit weird, but if you have a close bond with your dog, you will be able to tell what your dog wants by his behaviour. Your dog will also know when you're sad and need a helping paw. If you have a close bond with your dog, he will come and comfort you when he believes you need some love.


3. Your dog does as you ask of him most of the time. Dogs will be dogs, however, if your dog responds well when you give him a cue, it shows you have a good bond. Of course, time and dedication will ensure you have a well behaved companion.

Ethel

4. Your dog shows respect towards you. If your dog messes you around and disobeys you when you have taught him what is expected of him, he may not respect you and you might need to work on building up your relationship. He also needs to trust you and look to you for directions, guidance and reassurance.


5. Your dog always appears at his happiest when with and around you. If you are the centre of your dog's world, you know you have a special relationship. Simply appreciating the smile on your dog's face when you are interacting with him will show you how much he adores you.


Give your dog a hug and enjoy being with him! Enjoy the special bond you share.

Always remember, however... dogs will be dogs! If your dog doesn't show all of these signs, don't be sure you don't have a good bond! Some dogs are mischievous and will show themselves in another light because of this...


Regardless... They will always love you!


We're joining our hosts Snoopy's DogblogAlfie's Blog and My Brown Newfies in the Monday Mischief Blog Hop. We send many thanks their way, and you can join in below.


48 comments:

  1. Love the pics you chose to illustrate the bond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like my choice of photos!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. Sharing a close bond with your dog is very important.

      Delete
  3. Bentley and I are on the same wavelength. He is my soul dog and no matter how many dogs that I have had or will have, none will ever be the same. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore both of my dogs, but me and Earl have always been soulmates. Since the moment we met, it's always been him and I against the world.

      Delete
  4. Great post! I have a closer bond with Phoenix but I love both the girls! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sometimes, one of our dogs is simply our soulmate.

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely post! Haha, maybe Millie likes me a bit, I'd say 2,3 and 4 apply.... Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I'm sure Millie loves you! And I'm glad you like the photos!

      Delete
  6. I don't consider myself a very good dog "trainer", but I guess they have formed a bond with me in spite of my deficiencies since I think we hit 5 out of 5! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to be a dog 'trainer' to share a good bond with your dog. Simply being a loving owner who loves your dog is enough.

      Delete
  7. You got that right kiddo Does tripping on moms feet count too
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I guess that could count as number 1?

      Delete
  8. Isn't it a great feeling to have that bond? Cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cuties! Sums up Nola to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. I'm sure you and Mr. N have a wonderful bond!

      Delete
  11. Whew!!! Thank goodness I pretty much can say yes to all except number 3!!! lol
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, dogs will be dogs! Some dogs are mischievous, and will show themselves in a different light because of their individual personalities.

      Delete
  12. Hi Y'all!

    My absolute favorite thing to do is to lay on my back beside my Human Mama's chair and bat my paw against it. She'll reach down and we'll hold paws until I get tired and get up. Even if she has to do her computer work using only one hand, she'll hold my paw as long as I want.

    Y'all come on by,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely thing to do. Holding paws with your dog is a sure sign of true love!

      Delete
  13. Yeah, my dogs are glued to my side. They follow me everywhere. There's no such thing as privacy in my house.
    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our house, rooms where you'd expect more privacy, such as the bathroom, are always full of dogs!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for reminding us all of he ways we share our bond! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! A special bond is an amazing thing.

      Delete
  15. Rtia is too independent to hang out by my side all the time, I kinda prefer it that way. When my sis's dog is here and follows me everywhere, it can be a bit much - especially when I'm just going in to the other room for a second. I guess we do okay on the rest. I'm sure she loves me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some dogs have more on an independent nature. However, this doesn't mean you don't share a close bond!

      Delete
  16. I DEMAND to be involved in everthingy the peeps do...is that a bond? Or is it just being a nuisance..hehe!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanting to be around your owners is a sure sign of a good bond!

      Delete
  17. it seems we have a super close bond... there is not one thing what I can do without the pup :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! However, in the unfortunate circumstances where I cannot take the dogs with me, I'm constantly thinking about them!

      Delete
  18. Cocoa is a crazy pup but she is very loving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethel is crazy, too! But she's still a loving, affectionate little dog.

      Delete
  19. Haha! Cute! I love the relationship I have with my huskies!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing nicer than knowing you and your dog share a close bond.

      Delete
  20. This is a great post to remind us all how to recognize the close bond we have with our dogs (or we dogs have with our humans)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonding with our dog is such an important factor in our relationships. And it brings so much joy to both dog and owner!

      Delete
  21. What a good post! Sherman and I definitely share a close bond but Leroy has been known to be a bit disrespectful so it makes me wonder about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like my post. Ethel is more of a handful than Earl, but I love her all the same.

      Delete
  22. I can sooooo relate Earl. I call the Boys "Super Glue & Velcro" because we are ALWAYS together. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent post although Chessies are an independent breed and their signs can be pretty subtle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some dogs/breeds are more independent by nature, but they love their owner all the same.

      Delete