Sunday 21 April 2013

Measuring Earl.

So today I took Earl back to the Showground to get him measured for competitions (small, medium and large) and we had to wait AGES because our first journey up, we realized we ha forgotton his KC papers which we needed for measurment! I was really annoyed! Anyway, we went back, grabbed them, and whizzed as fast as the speed limit would let us, back. Anyway, a load of kind people went in search of some measurers for me, Earl and a few other owners and dogs. Finally, some were rounded up and Earl was measured! To my great great great delight, he measures just small! Which means he will be the top of the small-ees group and is likely to suceed big time in this group! We are hoping that's the case, ahahaha!! Anyways, the next dog show that comes along, we can enter ourselves! I can't wait! We also got Earl a new coat which is reddy orange and reflective so he will be warm, water-proofed, and safe at night and all times!

Here's a picture of Earl in his new coat:

Cute, cosy, reflective, safe, waterproofed, bright, snazzy!!

I've been searching for the perfect coat for Earl for ages haha! Now we've got it! Yaaay!

We were also dissapointed though - by the time Earl was measured and his Agility Record Book had been filled in with his measurment, most of my agility class was over. Me and Earl went to do some in the last 10 mins and got two nice runs in - not completely clear rounds, but Earl was fast and we worked well!

Earl's new toy I bought him wasn't a huge hit off, Earl loves it at home but doesn't seem interested in it at agility! We will carry on using it however, until Earl gets to really love it and he gets used to no cheese... !!!

Just in case you don't know which toy I'm on about, here's a piccy:

There we go you see, lol its as big as he is!
 
We both hope you enjoyed reading and looking about our exhausting but lovely exciting day!!
 
Earl and I.



2 comments:

  1. Really good and interesting post Summer. How do you get into more professional Agility shows? I would like to after a while of training with Charlie Boy but we have only been going for about 4 months but still need more time to keep focused and concentrating on getting clear rounds and doing work on the tunnel.

    Thanks for any help.
    Jessica and Charlie Boy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have PMd you on the Forum xx

    ReplyDelete