Sunday 9 March 2014

Our Crufts 2014 experience

Just one sentence to start off with - Crufts was incredible! Oh I loved loved loved it! There were hundreds (literally) of stalls to explore and shop on, there were many small arenas including my close-to-home Young Kennel Club arena, some small showing arenas, and last but not least, the jam-packed main arena, which was FULL of dog activities and like-minded people who adore dogs.

First we got a shuttle bus direct to the doors. However I couldn't take photos as it was bustling, I was getting sucked up in the crowd, and it was windy, cold and drizzling! It was nice to get inside.



When we walked inside, we collected our welcome bag (with dog treats and a 'what's on' guide inside) and got searching the stalls and small arenas. 

We visited the Young Kennel Club stand first, to view my artwork which came THIRD in the YKC Artist Of The Year Competition!


Mine is the photo circled in green.

Next up, was the Your Dog Magazine stand! We had to rush there to claim my free subscriber's goodie bag as they apparently sell out way before the end of the day; luckily, we got there in time! I handed in my letter to confirm my subscription and took away my free bag of doggie items!



Now we just browsed, and I bought Earl a pack of large KONG stuffin' biscuits, and a world ball tug on a rope!

So more stalls and humungous shaping opportunities!


There were many people at the biggest dog event in the world and you were lucky to have THIS much space!

The creators of Crufts prize rosettes showed us how they're made.

There was thousands of quality doggy products up for sale.

Royal Canin had one of the biggest stalls! Here it shows off its wide variety of dog kibbles.

Crufts main sponsor, dog food Eukanuba.

You could walk around all day!

Of course you were only allowed to bring dogs if they were competing, so Earl was left home with our dog sitter for the day, and was pampered by them like we do Earl! But there were lots of dogs walking around which I loved to cast eyes on. There were some beautiful breeds and dedicated owners who groomed their dogs to top standards.


Dogs walked round happy and unfazed.
Little dogs were seized however and carrier through the crowd!
This photo shows the high level of grooming performed.

Japanese Spitz and Akitas were popular in the small show rings.

Now for the main arena! Sorry about the terrible photo quality of some of the photos you are about to see; I didn't want to keep flashing away so turned the flash off for most photos. It was hard to take photos from the audience, but I did what I could with this blog in mind.




The audience was epic!


The show's social media display!!!

Some impressive Heelwork To Music, accompanied by the long camera!!

Heart racing… typing in the judge's scores.

YKC Agility.

The Pets As Therapy Display.

Many beneficial and lovely PAT doggles!

The winner in the yellow top with her Airdale Terrier.

Smurf and Sarah, SuperStar Dogs winners.

A small collie dog over the A-Frame/

Advertising on the board.

A wonderful little Border Terrier starting a Clear Round in the small team agility rounds.

It was all amazing! I'd go again and again and again! I just can't wait for next year, as we'll hopefully be going again!

Now what did we come home with?

What we gained for free due to generous giveaways:



What we bought:



Everything we came back with:



It is something I will never forget! My first ever visit to the world's largest dog event - CRUFTS!

Did anyone else go to Crufts?

If not, you can watch the highlights on TV, or watch from the Cruft's dedicated YouTube channel, or the Official Crufts Website, where you can watch events happen LIVE in your room at home!! Enjoy your dosage of high doggy dedication in a 4 day event!

*The photos I have taken are for personal memories sake, not for sale.

Now for some Black and White fun! Earl with his Crufts world on a rope ball tuggy!














15 comments:

  1. Did you see any of my family members there? I'm from the UK and my breeder always shows at Crufts. Wish I could go but being in the US, it is too far now. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really beautiful photo of Minie, and a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun and thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had stuff like this here in Curaçao. Dog or animal activities are few and far-between, and when they do happen they're kind of sad. Still, there's a growing culture of animal-oriented people, and in a few years... maybe... Well, we'll see :) Thanks for sharing this! And great B&W pics, too.
    Guilie @ Life In Dogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Well, so many people from different nationalities travel to Crufts, and I don't blame them! However it was only a 2 hour journey there and the same back for us.

      Delete
  5. That sounds amazing! I WOULD shop for days. I'm not much of a people shopper, but I can shop for dog stuff forever! The crowd really was epic. Thanks for sharing the experience! Bark More, Growl Less Barking from the Bayou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time! I have been to a show here before, not as big, it was a little too much for me though. Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omc, that sounds MEOWTASTIC! I could shop for days and days, for Mikko or for me; I love shopping!
    ❀Siamese Smothers❀Happiness is Siamese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real shop-till-ha-drop experience!

      Delete
  8. Wow, Earl, between the free stuff and the purchased goodies, I'd say you really scored . . . blue ribbon style!

    ReplyDelete