Monday 10 March 2014

Sneaking around socially

I guess I am a little lot MENTAL to be posting this post under a Monday Mischief theme. Earl was everything BUT mischievous yesterday I tell you… in fact, he was so angelic and I am extremely proud of him! But hey, just to make myself feel like less of a spammer… this post DOES link to mischief. So don't delete my link, or anything like that, hosts. Because yesterday, whilst off lead with his best pal, Ollie the Cockerpoo, Earl did decide to sneak off with him and attempt to explore the lake. Now, you never know what's in a lake. So, Ollie's owner and I recalled our dogs. They both left it about 3 seconds before trundling back and receiving their treats. Earl also did venture into the long grass, whilst we were a quite long while off from him! He doesn't normally get off lead, as I can't trust him if he sees any cats, birds etc, as he will chase and go 'deaf', sort of thing.

So he did raise hbis tail and ears and stretch his neck as he watched through the wired fence at the cattle grazing by in the field opposite, but he didn't try to hurdle the fence, nor growl or bark like he did on lead before! So it went well, and I was right chuffed to little bits.


Earl and Ollie are best walking buds!

The walk route is beautiful.

Exploring.

What have you guys seen?

The lovely, wide-spread lake.

Trotting away together to explore more.



'The long grass is mine!' exclaims Earl.


Earl mischievously trying to aboard the plank...

The deck.

The lake makes you want to jump in!

It can get muddy.

And another thing… Earl successfully sat with some Border Collies! After one attacked him in the past, he did extremely amazingly to befriend them.



I hope to continue this progress and new off lead social fun.

And how rude was I? I didn't show you my COOL YKC Crufts entry wristband or snazzy exit hand stamp needed for exiting and re-entering the show…


Sorry about the bathroom background. It was a quick photo as I forgot to take one at the show, BOLAGE!!!



We're joining!
Hosted by Alfie's BlogSnoopy's Dogblog,
My Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog's Life.









5 comments:

  1. haha! Wow! Looks like you had a pawsome time!

    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing place for a walking adventure. Great photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great place to walk

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete