Monday 20 July 2015

Book Review - Tuna Melts My Heart

Having recently received this heartwarming book, Tuna Melts My Heart, for my birthday in early July, I decided it would be a perfect book to review. It has the power to melt even the hardest of hearts, with irresistible photos of this wonderful little dog. Tuna Melts My Heart is all about the tales of 'the most inspiring dog on the Internet' (- BuzzFeed), also known as 'the underdog with the overbite', Tuna the Chiweenie.


Written in a fun, light-hearted and laid back style, with photos covering most of the pages, Tuna's book is a must have for all dog lovers alike. The meaning of this book, in the eyes of Tuna's owner, Courtney, was to share Tuna's huge, gorgeous personality with the world, even though he may have quite a different appearance than your average dog. His loving owner wanted to put across that it's personality that matters, not appearance. I, myself, and many others who have been charmed by this awesome little man, personally think his appearance is sweet beyond sweetness!


I especially like the way the book is laid out; inside, you will find large, adoring and irresistibly hilarious photos of Tuna just enjoying his blissful life as a cherished little pup on every page, with little descriptions by his owner at the bottom. The book 'is sure to delight the underdog in us all'. With chapters covering everything Tuna and his owner normally get up to during a day, the purpose is to get an insight into the life of Tuna and his owner. If you read this truly delightful book, you will see that Tuna and his human mummy are always up to something new and exciting!

Overall, I absolutely love this book, and would thoroughly recommend it to any and all dog lovers out there, regardless of their age; it is sure to delight you, make you laugh and make you smile. I give this book a full 5 paws up! If you want to read this book, you can buy it now on the Amazon Bookstore HERE.


We're joining our hosts Snoopy's Dogblog, Alfie's Blog and My Brown Newfies in the Monday Mischief Blog Hop. We send many thanks their way, and you can join in below.


36 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of the underdog. I love the title of the book; sounds like fun!
    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make a fun and adorable read.

      Delete
  2. I love Tuna and I need to send my mom over to Amazon to check out his book! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should; I think it makes a lovely read!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good read
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for a great review, I think we will get it too... Tuna is a great pup and I would like to read about his adventures :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just that face on the front makes me want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, that looks like a fun book with a great message too. Would it be a good book for a 7-9 year old child?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is both! And yes, I'd say it would! I'd say any dog loving age would enjoy the read!

      Delete
  7. That looks like a super cute book! Thanks for introducing us to Tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the kind of book that will keep you smiling all day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful smile! Thanks for the great review!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I've seen pictures of Tuna before on the interwebs. Sounds like a cute book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may well have done. He's incredibly popular on the web!

      Delete
  11. sounds like a cute book, but the last thing I need is another dog or cat book (wink)....I have a stack a mile high that I still have to review before the end of the year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see, haha! Oh, I'm sure you'll have them done soon.

      Delete
  12. I ADORE Tuna and follow his Instagram - he cracks me up :) My other Instagram favorites are Marnie the dog and Norbert (who also has a book)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a sweet dog indeed; so many people love him!

      Delete
  13. Awwww! That looks like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, I remember way back, I did a post all about that pup!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Tuna. I've been meaning to get that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's one awesome little pup. You should do, it's great!

      Delete
  16. This sounds like a wonderful book to read!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete