Friday 24 May 2013

Cold session!

On Thursday, me and Earl attended our twice-weekly agility lesson - in the pouring rain! We set up the equipment in terrible conditions outdoors, and then went round drying the dog walks with towels... literally; soaking puddles up!!! Luckily for us, the rain died down and we could get on with the training for our display in June (we haven't had much practice due the the weather having let us down many times - we needed this night desperately!).

I was very proud of Earl - he followed me so well, when I dropped my 'leading arm' because I was about to hit a jump, Earl followed it and swerved round the jump with me! At the same time as being disappointed that I had to pull Earl out of the round, I was thoroughly happy and touched that Earl was so obedient! Fortunately, we got another turn on our own trying the cross-over without a partner, because I had to pull Earl out the first time. He was super speedy, and we both had a grand time!

No pictures I'm afraid, because the weather was too harsh to take pictures. Hopefully the weather will lighten and pictures will finally be an option - I was thinking sorrowfully of my picture-less blog entry whilst running the agility course, surprisingly!!

Anyway, because we are doing crossover dog walks, I'll go onto THAT subject now. I am happy to recall that Earl doesn't bother at all about another dog approaching him then zooming off the other way on the twin dog walk at the side of Earl's... I was very very very proud of him, and can't wait for our future displays and competitions.

We also did some obedience, including leaving our dogs in a 'down' position or a 'sit' or 'stand' position and then walking around in a circle without them. Earl was excellent at this, because he stayed put and followed my hand signal to 'wait'. 

So there's our picture-less (well almost picture-less...) entry of our wet and cold but fun session training on Thursday!

Until next time!

Earl and I.


Its not on entry topic,  but its cute and lightens up the post at a first glance - and at a middle and last glance, not forgetting the other angles!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Earl! I'm Gizmo's mom and we send out the BT newsletter from PACK...Got your note today so I came over to visit you...Earl is such a cutie...Glad you're in our pack and we'll be following along on your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Earl :) x

    CC xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi GizmoGoedog, glad you are following the blog! Glad you received my note! I am enjoying the BT PACK newsletter... And thanks, I think Earl is a cutie too! :-*

    Hi CC, thanks x

    ReplyDelete