Monday 27 May 2013

Grooming, walking and shading!

Today, I spent quite a large amount of time brushing up on my grooming skills with Earl. There are many awards for grooming to do with the Young Kennel Club run by the Kennel Club which we are a part of, so I thought we'd see what we could do here at home.

We chose a sunny spot in the garden and got to work. I took a few pictures of grooming in the process, one of the result half way through the session, and one of the absolute finished result! Then there is a walkies-prep photo, and some photos of Earl enjoying the shade, and the sun!!






Earl half way through the grooming.

And the finished result!
We had a great time grooming, and it really paid off because Earl looked amazing at the end! A really handsome groomed-up fella! I think we could successfully do some grooming in the YKC, not just at home - we know that grooming is not just for the looks, but for the condition of the dog's skin and coat, so we do it at least once a day!

After the grooming, I put his collar back on, as you can see in the finished result photo, and we went walkies...


Preparing for a lovely sunny-day walk!


Then, when we came home, I snapped some photos of Earl relaxing in the shade - its his favourite shady spot, I assume!





And this one was one of Earl from yesterday which really captures the glorious blue sky and how happy a dog Earl really is <3

So there was our events for today!

Earl and I.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Summer! Earl looks stunning all the time but even better when he is groomed to perfection!! He really is a handsome boy! Luckily, I have three breeds that are good for grooming, of course you know Charlie (Westie), Brooke (Shih Tzu) and Roman (Cocker Spaniel), so all good for grooming. Charlie in particular as Westies are very good for that particular thing as are Shih Tzus. I groom Charlie about 4-5 times a week at the moment but I try to make it more often than that, Brooke gets a quick brush once a day and Roman gets brushed every night (by my Nanna and sometimes me when I see him - 4 times a week I see him but he hardly sleeps at my house anymore).

    Good post!

    Jessica and the dogs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know that for YKC grooming that you have to be in the ring for 2 + hours, not just 10-20 mins. I am considering doing YKC grooming with barley but we have to find a table first. With barley it is very time consuming and i ave to do it methodically and work through his different brushes. Not being mean but you might want to talk to someone who does professional grooming first about it and whether your grooming skills are up to standard, no offence. Hope you have fun anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessie :)

    Annabelle, I understand, I am not definitely going to groom in the YKC, it was just a thought, and it would be in the future anyways. Obviously not over the time when you are no longer obliged to be a YKC member, at the age of 25. It was simply a little thought.

    ReplyDelete