Saturday 11 May 2013

Off the leash adventures!!

Today, me and Earl went to our local field to have a game of fetch and a refreshing walk along the grass. It was lovely! I have captured one picture on this day - I couldn't take anymore though because my camera device was full!

Earl is barking madly for his ball at this point!


Anyway, you can picture it! Earl stood there, a wet muzzle and wet legs, barking madly for his ball... Then him diving after it through the long grass and fetching it right back. So you can picture it now, plus the photo!!!!!

We walked into the field more before I let Earl off lead, so we were away from the busy road. Then we played fetch, and walked a bit, Earl snuffling the ground happily. We had to be careful though - there were little black slugs about and we didn't want Earl to eat them of course!....

Then we saw a few other dog owners and their dogs, and then went onto a part of the field where there was a long Tarmac 'strip'. We played a game of proper fetch then! It was soooo very fun! 

When we got tired and hot (even though it was wet and chilly) I put the lead back over Earl's neck and we came off the field and had a relaxing cool down stroll around the neighbourhood, where we met another dog, owner and children; and back home, where me and Earl did some off lead training indoors, then I checked him over for ticks (none luckily touch wood) and gave him a big nice groom. Then he had his tea, with some new CSJ mixed in with old Symply, and a sprinkle of branflakes for his anal glands, as he's had problems in the past with them bless him - all this, fed in our feeding angel, GREEN!!!

Now I'm writing this entry and sitting on my parent's bed with Earl at the end licking his paws and sighing in happiness...

What a wonderful day, hope you enjoyed hearing all about it!

Earl and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment