Thursday 13 June 2013

Much loved Ragster!

Today, I bought my Earl a new toy by 'PetFace'. It is like a little ferret but without the stuffing, and with one squeak in the tail and one in the head. Earl already has one, but it is bigger. I bought him this one so we can use it as an agility reward instead of food all the time! We have called this toy 'Ragster', so when I call the name 'Ragster' Earl can recognise the name and fetch this toy. It's a gradual learning process that will take time, but will happen, because we have already built up a word connection between Earl and other toys of his - it's great to watch Earl think and then go and succeed - he is wonderful and a very intelligent dog!

The pro of using food is: Earl loves food.
The cons: Over time they add up on your dog's weight.

The pros of using a toy: They are super fun, for dog ad owner. and they put no weight onto your dog(s)! 
The con: Earl might refuse to play with the toy at agility because he is not used to playing there... This will hopefully be overcome :)

I think of these makes of toys a bit like toy prey - terriers are sure to adore them, definitely!! I am sure that you understand the reasons behind my thinking...

So anyway; I bet you've been wondering when I will let the pictures out? Well, as seen as they have been cooped up for - oh wow, 15 minuets! I will let them out of the crate to greet you.... Enjoy them -most thoroughly!!!!

Too much playing Earl???? What???? You look a bit sleepy....

Oh no your not!!








Jumping for 'Ragster' - yes, very high indeed!

I hope you enjoyed this! I really do recommend you get your dog a non-stuffed toy!

Earl and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment