Thursday 4 June 2015

Behind The Scenes Of Our Ribbon Shoots

Earl is always bringing home thousands of cool new ribbons. Those competitions give loads away to him, for obvious reasons. He is just so good! Anyway, there is more to it than just placing the ribbons before him, and taking ONE photo, then uploading it onto here. Oh, no.

Sometimes, you just can't take a sufficient photo. Don't ask me why, I just know it happens! These are the times when you have tens of thousands of photos, all involving the same competition's ribbons, and you have to narrow it down to one. Because sometimes, the photos turn out like this:

But mum! The REALLY impressive subject here is MY FACE!

And although this is a hilariously entertaining photo, it really isn't what I wanted when I said ribbon shoot. You don't shoot them down with your paws, Earl! Come on! You DO have a brain, it's obviously clear to people, including me!

Then, there are ones like this:

Just gimme the damn thing! My mouth awaits!

... Where Earl decides he has had enough of this whole waiting around malarky, and comes straight up to take that treat I am waving in front of the camera at him. Often though, he only looks when the camera is away... and when the camera is on him, he avoids eye contact. It takes a huge, stinky piece of specially cooked sausage for this job!

And then, you also get photos like this:


Actually, I love this photo! I think it has a nice effect, somehow. But again, where's Earl? Where are the other halves of the outside ribbons? There is always something, until you find the perfect (or the closest to perfect) photo. You finally manage to gather your strength, and wipe out all the other millions of photoshoot attempts (and, frankly, fails) from your computer, leaving you with the one smashing shot. If you'd like to see the best shot from our most recent shoot, featured here today, visit our post HERE!

And, there are OTHER photoshoots that go to pot, too:


... ETHEL!!!

What goes on behind the scenes of YOUR pet photoshoots?


We are joining our hosts Ruckus The Eskie, Love is Being Owner by a Husky! and Barking From The Bayou in the Thoughtless Thursday Blog Hop. We send many thanks their way, and you can join in below.


25 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Millie's not the only one then! Love the captions!
    Wags and Woofs from Imogen and Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Y’all!

    BOL!!! I don't have photo shoots. Don't think I ever have. My Human likes to shoot wildlife. I just get in there when I can.

    I’ve relocated to www.browndogcbr.net. There is a link on http://browndogcbr.blogspot.com .
    Hope y’all come to my new home. I’m still workin’ on it. You need to click the title to find a spot to comment.

    Y’all hurry on by now!
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see! Bless you.

      Cool, we have located your new blog.

      Delete
  4. 90% of the time if it is only me, the shoot goes well and is done in about a minute, if Bailie is with me, maybe two minutes, all three of us or add in a cat and it takes even longer, but if Bailie or I am alone, it is real quick as we both love the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes our mom has to take 10 photos to get one decent one. You're not alone, Earl!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are a genius Earl. Congrats with all your ribbons :) from Laika.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We find taking ribbon photos among the most challenging. I am not really sure why they are so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOL, I have cats crashin my photo shoots all da time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours ALL turned out better than the shoots we have! Unless there are treats involved, we are NOT looking at mama!! xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, you haf to keep the peeps on their toes don't you Earl!
    And often, the photo that goes wrong(!) is the bestest 'cos it shows our character!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW you sure are one talented pup!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's brilliant, so are you and as is lovely little Ethel, the star of the future :D

    I need some inspiration for ribbon photos - mine are badly edited ones on their own at the moment :(

    dais15pops15.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete