Monday 29 June 2015

Ethel's Addicted To Skateboarding

Over the previous weekend, I decided my next trick training goal was to tech at least one of my dogs how to ride a skateboard. They can do so many awesome things, but now I knew it was time to raise the bar even higher than I was already set at. Yes, it sounds stupid, doesn't it? Well, I've seen it happen, so it IS possible! And it looks incredibly cool, too!


So, I decided to start with little Ethel. She loves getting stuck into things, and seems just about completely fearless with anything life throws at her. I knew she'd end up loving the stunt. I could already imagine her being the perfect skateboarding dog on the block, and I was becoming excited, pumped for some seriously awesome training.

Anyway, something I didn't expect at all on her first day learning the stunt - whilst taking breaks from training, she would walk up to, and get straight on the skateboard! As you can imagine, I was sat there, totally silent, dumbfounded even, as my little amateur skateboarder decided she'd become addicted to the board. She must have done this at least five tines, if not more, in between breaks. She'd stand on the board exactly in the right position. A natural! Sliding gracefully along the ground (we started on grass) the thrill on her face was just priceless. And it tired her out, too!

I just know she'll be a natural, radical and impressive skateboarding dog! I'm so excited to complete training this amazing stunt. Her confidence building is going swimmingly well, and this is just the beginning!


Videos coming soon!


We're joining our hosts Snoopy's Dogblog, Alfie's Blog and My Brown Newfies in the Monday Mischief Blog Hop. We send many thanks their way, and you can join in below.


43 comments:

  1. I think you're right! Ethel looks to be a natural skateboarder. I am so looking forward to some video soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just throws herself in! Videos will come soon!

      Delete
  2. Ohh... we can't wait for the video! Ethel shows that girls ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do! They can do as much as the boys can! Videos to come!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hehe, I know! Impressive, eh? Videos soon.

      Delete
  4. Great for her core muscles too. Will she be wearing a helmet and pads soon too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is! A cool trick and beneficial for her body, too. I doubt she'd enjoy that, haha.

      Delete
  5. Well done Ethel! Clever girl! You and Millie can go skateboarding together soon! :)
    Wags and Woofs from Imogen and Millie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is very clever! Wouldn't that look awesome? Two amazing dogs skateboarding side by side!

      Delete
  6. Clever girl Ethel! I'd love to teach Poppy the skateboard but we don't have one!

    http://dais15pops15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see! Well, there are plenty of other cool tricks out there to teach!

      Delete
  7. That's amazing, can't wait to see the videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know, she's one awesome and capable pup! Videos coming soon!

      Delete
  8. Wow a skateboarder pup. We are impressed :)

    Wags from Laika & Vaks

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so adorable on your skateboard, Ethel! We can't wait to see the video!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bet she's gonna be pawsome.

    I don't think I'd be very good, I always try to attack skateboards, BOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will, I just know it! Oh, I see. Well, that's just as fun, right?

      Delete
  11. Awesome! It's on my list of things to teach too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skateboarding dogs are the coolest things to spot out and about - can you imagine?

      Delete
  12. Hi Y'all!

    Oh how exciting! Can't wait for the video?

    Y'all come on by,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great stunt, and a super talented dog! I can't wait to see her in action on film. That'll happen, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're getting it together, so it should be up sometime soon!

      Delete
  14. Go Ethel!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great trick! We need video :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm dying to teach Kilo too. He has great balance and I think he might like it. Go Ethel I will enjoy your progress. XS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Kilo could do it - there's nothing stopping him, or you! Ethel will love the progress, as she always does. She's such an enthusiastic little dog!

      Delete
  17. We are very impressed cuz we are actually scared of skate boards! We aren't scared of much but skate boards scare the bejeebies out of us!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you? Aw, that's a shame. They do have loud wheels, though.

      Delete
  18. OMD! I can't wait for the videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. seems that Avril Lavigne has to work on her SkaterBOY lyrics... Skatergirl is anyway much better :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I quite like that song! It's catchy! Or, what about SkaterDOG?!

      Delete
  20. Aww that it just too cute!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like a fun thing to teach. Can't wait for videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so rewarding and exciting to teach!

      Delete