Saturday 6 July 2013

A real icy BBQ! Entry heavy!!!!

I am pleased out of my mind (yes, I really, actually am pleased out of my mind! So pleased!) to say that Earl's treat-filled ice block froze and worked a real treat! I took it out of the freezer and put it on the ground still in the bowl for Earl to try out once I confirmed it was completely frozen. He took to it immediately and eventually it started to very gradually start melting enough for me to slip it out of the bowl and onto the ground. He adored it, and it really did cool him down! I love the idea so much I will be making him another one tonight to freeze overnight to be ready for tomorrow!! 

We also had our BBQ, and Earl had his tea in his GREEN Feeder outside with us. He got some steak too which he enjoyed a lot! His tea was cut down a bit to allow for the steak and the treats he had in his ice block. 

Oh and remember that frozen liver treat I said I was defrosted for Earl? Yes?! Good! Well it succeeded in it's defrosting and I gave it to Earl in little broken pieces after he performed some obedience and tricks for me. 

I also gave my little Tadpoles a steak bone with meat just surrounding it for them to nibble on. It sank to the tank bed and it was a pleasure watching my little guys dive down for it! 

Our Pond Fish are also doing very well - we need to get them another tub of fish food - NishiKoi! (Last time I called it Nishi Coi...)


The Tadpoles and their meaty bone:


Earl and his liver treat:



Earl's grinny smile!!!


Earl about to perform for me - desperate for a taste from those delicious taste buds on his panting, long tongue of his!!


Really grinny!!!


A hungry fish and only two out of many more of it's pond-mates heads!


This tells the weather!! Hot hot hot! What a dog lives to love.


And finally, Earl and the star of this blog entry... The treat-filled ice block!!!

The FIRST photo shows Earl trying out the block still in the bowl; waiting for it to soften so it slips out the bowl.


And it slips out the bowl!


(The pink/yellow stuff at te bottom are small treats mixing up into pieces then seeping out of the ice).






See how the block is gradually getting smaller!?





The leftover ice pieces were used as ice cubes for Earl's water bowls, as well as a few more whole ice cubes. I am sure you can tell the leftovers from the entire cubes.




Now, one tired our doggie at the end of another day of pampering by my family and I...


So he went to THIS ABOVE, from.... 


THIS ABOVE!!!!!!

Until our next exiting event! (Which will be shortly, as we have another agility training session tomorrow... Yay!!!...)

Earl and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment