Saturday 20 July 2013

First competition - a bag full of success!!!

I am pleased to inform you that today we had our very first proper agility competition - which went so well, considering its our first ever day. We came home with a 2nd place rosette for Grade 1 small jumping, and two clear round rosettes. Two classes we were eliminated because: 1. I said 'weave' too late and 2. I led Earl on the wrong piece of equipment and finally 3. because I was silly and forgot to re-do a piece of equipment Earl missed. Doh! I had a lot of things on my mind! Oh well, we have next Saturday too, and then I can put all my learnt new skills there for even more success! We are so proud of ourselves :-*

Here are some photos taken:

With the 2nd prize...

...With all the prizes!...

...The rosettes alone...

...My updated wall display in my bedroom!! The collection is increasing rapidly!!! (Love it!)

Then I also bought Earl some goodies, which include a personalised dog collar and lead for competitions specially; a pocket-frisbee for our camping holiday trips to open areas; a new marrow ring as something new to enjoy over the camping holiday we will be going on... and I bought myself a green peaked-cap with 'Agility' worded on the front, complete with a purple paw-print :-D

The cap:

To wear for ALL agility!


Earl's cooling mat also arrived today! It works AMAZINGLY....




Here are the other goodies:

Here is the personalised lead!

Here is Earl's new and personalised dog collar...

His new pocket-frisbee!

And juicy marrow ring :)

I also received my Dogs Today Magazine Binder today as well! I have a Dogs Monthly and Your Dog one too.

DT

DM

YD

PLUS!!! As a 'good luck and well done' gift from a lovely friend for my agility competitions today, I was given a STUNNING Border Terrier brooch in which to treasure forever and beyond.

Isn't it just... amazing??!


We have had one of the best days ever...

Earl and I.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Earl...I curate the newsletter for the Border Terrier Pack and this week I've included your blog in the BT Pack newsletter...Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GizmoGeodog, that's fantastic, thank you! When should I receive the newsletter via email? ...Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete