Saturday 6 September 2014

Success at challenging KC Agility Nuts show

Hi all! Today, we've had very challenging but in the end good day at the Kennel Club Agility Nuts show. Basically, since winning out into Grade 4, we go from having grades 1-3 classes to 4-7 classes, 7 being the highest, which is challenging, plus the course times become shorter. But today we managed some fine results out of Earl, and I'm happy.

So - our first run we went clear, a nice run, but unfortunately were 1 second out of the course time, due to it being a class involving the highest grade, 7, combined 4-7 (agility). It was still a lovely run though! Then our next run was combined 3-5 jumping, and we were well in the course time - I still am chuffed about that, with the course time being low again. Then our next one was a fantastic run, fast, clear and accurate, plus fun, and we were 1 second off winning, coming 2nd but official placings to first. Such a shame, but still fab! We both enjoyed it! But before I went in, I was winding Earl up with a huge dog sausage, and he grabbed onto my finger thinking it was the sausage! Oucheee! Our last run was all going well and clear, until I accidentally turned my back on Earl and he crossed behind me and took the wrong jump, meaning an elimination. So after a very tricky day with very tricky courses, course times and competitors, we did well to get what we did, alongside points!

This incredible little man is entering the hard grades!!

We also bought Ethel a new harness today at the Paws Trading stand - a smart black one to support her whilst walking.

Look how grown-up I look in my warm fleecy harness!!! Hehe!!

So, as you can see, we've had a great day again! And I am now experiencing a strong whiff of fish every now and again - I'm still carrying the several spilt Fish4Dogs treats I have in my fleece pocket! Wiffy indeed!!!! Oh well, they'll come in handy for when I just need a random dog treat sat here at the computer typing, now won't they…? Didn't think so.

Anyway, we have our fingers and paws crossed that tomorrow is just as great a day as it was today for us and friends around us and their own dogs.

11 comments:

  1. woohooooo to youuuu!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. I'm getting ready for my first nose work trial on Monday. I can only hope to be half as successful as you are with your agility!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure was for us :-) Oooh! Thats a lovely compliment Emma - I just KNOW you'll rock it! You're PAWsome, girl!

      Delete
  3. Ah, we know that Fish4Dogs smell well! Lottie does love them though :-). Sounds like you have had a very successful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. We do like a bit of fishy. Have a serene and easy Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. Good on ya Molly. You too, but we haven't, BOLOLOL!!

      Delete