Saturday 11 January 2014

Pet Blogger Challenge 2014

Today we are taking part in this challenge for pet bloggers. Its all about goals for blogging and how far we have come. It is hosted by Go Pet Friendly and Will My Dog Hate Me? - they each have a great site!


1. How long have you been blogging? Why did you start and what is it about?

I have been blogging for 8 months and 4 weeks. I started it because I wanted everyone to be able to follow my lovely Earl and how successful and fun he is! I also share some tips about dogs for other owners. It is all about Earl and I! If it wasn't for my favourite pet forum Your Pet Forum, I would never have heard about pet blogging, never mind bought or even started one for myself!

2. Name one thing about your blog, or one goal you accomplished during 2013, that made you most proud.


Well, my amount of page views… I love! And the comments I get are amazing, I really love the people who visit mine and Earl's blog. My readers make the blog feel more like a world of itself! But MOSTLY, I started a blog hop called Earl's Pinch Punch Post which occurs every 1st of every month, talking about looking back and looking ahead with your dogs. Many bloggers have since embraced the hop and joined the fun. That I am so proud of. Thank you everyone including Jessica from My Dog Diaries and her again from My Cat Diaries. We hope it will continue to expand.

3. When you look at last year's PBC,  or just blogging the last year, what has changed for you?

As far as I can remember, this is out first Pet Blogger Challenge! But last year… well, my inspiration sort of had a windfall (if you wish to put it like that!!!) and everyone I know through the internet got a blog! Then there were so many different things to inspire me along the way, and add some awesome stuff to my blog to improve it.

4. What lesson have you learnt this year - from other blogs, or through your own experience - that could help others with their sites?

Well, I have learnt that the more Blog Hops you take part in, the more people you get visiting due to your link entry. Its fun, and a great way to advertise!

If you could ask the Pet Blogging Community one question of help, what would it be?

This is hard, as I am finding blogging quite easy… but I would probably ask the question - How can you bring loads more traffic to your blog? I have advertised in the relevant places but don't know how to go further. I mean the more posts I post, the more views I receive, but its a case of time, and lately, I have been EXTREMELY busy, missing a few days posts!

5. What have you found to be the best way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?

Blog hops. I have noticed such a big difference since I started participating in them!

6. How much time do you spend time publicising your blog, and do you think you should do this more or less now its new year?

I spend much more time working on my blog than publicising it! I think I should do more publicising, but now we may be getting a 2nd dog in the summer, I may have less and less time for the internet.

7. How do you gauge whether or not what your writing is audience appealing?

I look at the page views every day, as I normally only post one post per day. If my page views are high, I know that subject is liked by the people! If there are not many, then it may be that people don't wish to read it.

How do you know when its time to let go of a feature you've been writing for a while?

I don't let go. I keep it up - after all, my readers are still as expectant as always and I wouldn't let them down!

8. When reading blogs, what inspires you to comment and not just read and leave?

If that person has commented on my blog, I am more inclined to do the same back! Also, if I  want to share my opinion on the topic, I think commenting is the best way on blogs.

9. Do you do product reviews and/or giveaways?

I sometimes do product reviews, but I haven't done any giveaways before, because of the simple hurdle that I am not sure how to get started! It is something I hope to do in the future if I find out how, hopefully from an even more experienced blogger than myself who has done giveaways in the past.

What works best with your product reviews?

I only review products that are maybe more complex than they initially make out to be.

10. When writer's block strikes and your feeling dog-tired, how do you recharge?

I like to produce quality posts, therefore take my time with them, and do not over do it. I usually don't have writer's block, but to recharge, I keep thinking and thinking and sitting there in front of my computer screen and it comes to me!!! Not really 'recharging' but that is how I roll!

11. Have you even taken a break from your blog? How did that go?

When I originally started blogging I wasn't as dedicated and it wasn't such a big thing then. Now I am much more serious about it and have wriggled my way into the pet blogging community! I didn't have much traffic in the break.

Have you ever thought about quitting your blog altogether? What makes you stay?

Never, and I hope to never even think about it! I stay because I enjoy it, my readers enjoy it, and it makes everyone aware of mine and Earl's strong relationship.

12. What blogging goals do you have for 2014?

I haven't thought about it that much, as I am quite happy with it now. I just want my page views to grow I guess.

So that's a Pet Blogger Challenge down! Signing off with an adorable new photo of my favourite boy forever. 

P.S. Sorry we are sort of a day late for the Challenge. Out-of-cyberspace was busy!


Earl and I.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there guys! How great to learn some more about your blogging world!!
    I love your blog, u know that! And taking part in my first PPP with u this month was a lot of fun!!!
    Have a great day!
    ((Husky hugz))
    "Love is being owned by a husky"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jenna! That means a lot to us :-*

      Delete
  2. Great answers. A second dog sure does change things but then you just might have even more to say....lol.

    ReplyDelete