Tuesday 21 January 2014

Tasty from the BRAIN

You don't always have to follow a recipe book to make your dog some tasty nom noms! As long as you know what your doing (in other words, have planned things out first and know how to healthily store and serve the edible) then you can have a lot of fun! Earl and I are hopefully, this weekend, going to try and mix BANANA with DOG BISCUITS - as don't dogs love both of 'em? Your probably thinking 'eh???' right now, but wait until you see them! This will hopefully be next Tasty Tuesday. 

Anyway - back to the subject. Your recipe could even become a well-known one in the future if you work hard enough to make a PAWSOME one! Earl loves it when I make him healthy, home-made treats - especially when they include his favourite things!



Some tips on making your own doggy recipes:

~ Make it your own!
~ Make it healthy.
~ Make it tasty and appealing to dogs.
~ INCLUDE ONLY INGREDIENTS IN WHICH DOGS CAN SAFELY CONSUME!!!
~ If you want to mix some foods, do it sensibly and make sure your not just being messy! Make it a masterpiece.
~ Make a smaller batch at first to make sure your dog likes it so you don't waste ingredients. If you wish not to do this and to make a full batch anyway, you can always share it with friend's dogs.
~ Take photos and share!
~ Write down a recipe for it and keep it safe.
~ Come back to it later on to make again!
~ Have fun!
~ Consider storage. Will you freeze it? Will you pop it in a container, in a cool, dry space etc?

If you need inspiration, having a good look through some ready-made recipes will help you a bunch in getting started. But don't just make for the sake of it! Prepare something grrreat!


The Tasty Tuesday Blog is hosted by Sugar the Golden Retriever and Kol's Notes.

Earl and I.

10 comments:

  1. Some grrreat adivce there but I don't think Mom is at quite that level of cooking yet- she'd better stick with clear recipes.

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may be the safer option for some!!!

      Delete
  2. Great tips!
    Banana mixed with dog biscuits....I'm anxious to see how that turns out. I'm not much of a creator when it comes to baking...
    Btw I don't see anything on Google+ from you, I will keep going through to see if I can find it but how long ago was it?
    ((Husky hugz))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how it will turn out either… but I have a plan and there is no harm in trying!!

      Delete
  3. Great tips! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Earl, I looked everywhere, I can't find the banner thing you were talking about :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo of your mouth. Golden Thanks for the TIPS. My mom always takes photos, it s MUST. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BOL! And your welcome RE the tips. When you have a blog, you can't get away without taking photos of EVERYTHING related!!!

      Delete