Sunday 20 July 2014

Empingham Day 2 & Hottest Weekend of the Year UK (& B&W Sun)

Date: Sunday, 20 July 2014

Hey again guys! We have just had out 2nd day of the Empingham Agility Show in the sweltering heat and we've done, I have to say, great!

We managed a 2nd in Small Agility Graded 3-5, a 3rd in Small Jumping Graded 3-5, an additional clear round which was really 3rd but placings to 2nd, and another additional clear which was really 4th but placings to 3rd! AND we also joined in with the optional Bronze Good Citizen Dog Scheme and we PASSED! Which means we can now go for our Silver Award! Earl was great at all the given tasks, I was super pleased with my little man. 



Bless him! I am thrilled with his consistency - he is such a good little dog, I couldn't be any prouder. 

Also, our Wednesday evening trainer came today to compete with her dogs, and helped get Earl all revved up. It worked a treat too! Earl is always 100% speedy at her training classes. If your reading this blog, you know who you are, and thank you!

Now for some general photo during the day!


Coolin' in the pool! POOL PAWTY TIME my furfriends!

Looking all stunning as usual next to an almighty tyre

Oh dear doG, this is all just a little hot, isn't it? - remarks Earl

And more fun cooling out of the sun. I was really pleased with Earl for letting me douse him in the pool, as he usually dislikes water!



Another enjoyable and successful day for team Earl and I - in such hot weather too.

Apparently, this weekend is the hottest weekend of the year so far here in the UK! Blimey me! No wonder we've been puffing and panting!


We also bought Earl another toy today for agility, which we are going to be using for future motivational training. 

Its a toy that has a strong velcro and carries treats!


~INSERT TREATS HERE~

Close up and tug again! Makes a super motivational reward

And now, I have to admit I forgot to add two details to my blog post. 1. Add a photo from one year ago yesterday, our first ever competition and awards, and 2. Join the Sepia Saturday Blog Hop! So today, I shall do both. The look back, and the blog hop, but today, its Black And White Sunday!

One year ago yesterday, we were awarded at our first ever agility competition, also at Empingham…



One 2nd place and 2 additional clear rounds is what we got on our first ever competition day. On our first every competition class, we got a speedy 2nd in Grade 1 Jumping. I can still remember the way round that course. I'm not joking. The obstacles were blue and white. It went jump, weaves, jump, etc... It was in Ring 1. Bless. What a fab journey we have had - and hope for many many more years of happiness, fun, exercise, success, teamwork and bonding in the sport! :-D

Competing has made me so many amazing friends that I may never have know without it - and just general agility training has as well! Without the dog world, my life wouldn't have a purpose, and agility enriches that for both me, and for Earl! I don't have a single regret about choosing to compete. The thrills drive us both on, and we adore every second of learning, making progress, and everything paying off. Its wonderful.

Now for Black and White Sunday!



So first, as we can see, Earl takes a well-earned break on his booty!



APOLOGIES - WE WERE PLANNING TO MAKE OUR B&W PICS HAVING A SPLASH OF COLOUR ON THE AWARDS, BUT WE EXPERIENCED PERSISTENT TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT. PLEASE FORGIVE US!

Oh, what a fine weekend! 

What a cool way to start of the summer holiday, hey?!

LETS REST!



We're participating in the Black And White Sunday Blog Hop hosted by Dachshund Nola and Sugar The Golden Retriever - thanks again, guys!



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Bet those feets felt good in the pool
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It sure looks like it was hot out and that looks like a really fun new toy, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being awesome Earl!! You are going to need a room just for your awards! Wonderful photos of your little all-star man!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa!! Aw! We already have one - my bedroom. Thanks, I love taking photos of him of course, as you know!

      Delete
  5. Blimee my chum….will yoo be in da CommonWelf Games?

    ReplyDelete