Monday 21 July 2014

Monday Mischief - Sleepover with the very best sleepers...

Date: Monday, 21 July 2014

Today, we're reporting on us, engaging in a sleepover - with possibly some of the very best sleepers of all!! Border Terriers!!! Yes, thats right. Borders can be very snoozy, and happily adapt to a restful life if need be. That can be a very good thing, you know.

So the sleepover was entirely hassle free of course… 


Oh, Gosh. I'm getting very dozy sat here...

Of course, the lights were out in no time as Earl settled down to sleep on our human guest's HIS airbed.


I think I'll just put my head down for a moment's shut-eye...

And out we went.

Zzzzzzzz….. Zzzzzz.. Zz..

And then, we were both surprises to witness, this comfy blow-up mattress just wasn't the full ticket for a sleepy soul such as our Earl!


Eek! This just isn't right. And I'm so tired...

But there's ALWAYS a solution for a witty, wilful, and wild Border T! Oh of course there is! And that isn't to take some chill-pills or drink some warm milk at all… I mean, what BT could even think about putting sleep on hold for one dark night…?

So the solution was simple. A pillow all to himself. Duh.

Much better! But wait… There is one think that's secretly bugging me...

It turned out that all Earl wanted to do was check he wouldn't be caught red-pawed before he circled 5 times and then collapsed in a ball for snores and sweet dreams.


Coast is completely clear. Time to slam the nap button, baby!

And that's just what this tired little boy did for a night.


*Snores* Zzzzz… *Snores* zzz….

And that was when my hysterical guest and I finally managed to sleep as humans in human beds once again. Nice. But then we both ended up awake and as sprightly as ever again - Earl was making huge snores at the end of my bed, and right next to my guest's head area of the airbed!! 

That is also when I giggled to myself in the darkness, listening to all I could hear. Rustling of a little doggy body twitching and squirming on that pillow, and almost pathetic, 100% adorably cute squeals of a hardy terrier snoring throughout the night and way into the crack of dawn. I also remembered that when Earl sat there, staring around, all the lights turned on and eyes adjusted to them, checking nobody could see him, he seemed totally oblivious to me crouched low and hiding at the end of my bed sticking a black and flashy camera over the banister, clicking away. Funny little man, he is. Who couldn't love him and his sweet, comfy dreams there?!



We're participating in the Monday Mischief Blog Hop hosted by Snoopy's DogblogAlfie's Blog, and My Brown Newfies - thanks again, guys!



31 comments:

  1. You and Wilhelm are kindred spirits, Earl. Except for the the snoring. That is Brychwyn's job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terriers play hard. Terriers sleep hard. And I guess they snore hard, too? BOL.

    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping position and comfort is terrible important, it has to be just right. Just like the princess and the pea story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... so sweet! If Rudy had been there his very loud snores would have wakened everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Earl is so stinkin' adorable. Our Chewy takes over the bed every chance he gets.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL BOL BOL, thank you Flea :-P Hehe, Earl doesn't blame him one bit!

      Delete
  6. OMD! Those photos of Earl sleepy on the bed are hilarious! Such bedtime entertainment!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, BOL! We all need that at times.

      Delete
  7. So sweet! Yes, getting the right position is very important! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice that you found a comfy bed there Earl. It has been hot here so I have been doing on the bed off the bed and driving peeps nuts. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I don't blame you. You too.

      Delete
  9. Look at that adorable sleepy face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOL...good job Earl!! Arty snores sometimes and it makes our Mama giggle!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dory! Aw, bless him! It makes me giggle at Earl too! Bless.

      Delete
  11. Oh Earl, you are just too adorable for words! Little snores! Awwww!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. N also loves having his own pillow and tries to steal ours all the time. Thanks again for the banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! 'My pillow!' - and no problem! I enjoyed making it!

      Delete
  13. *YAAAAWN*…if yoo insist Earl my pal…..*zzzzzzz*

    ReplyDelete
  14. When a guys is tired he has to be comfortable and get his rest. Prince is the same way ... he loves his pillows. Looks very comfy and I hope the humans didn't bother you too much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. Aw! They weren't too bad...

      Delete