Thursday 6 February 2014

Odd Obsessions - My Dog licks my skin!

Don't dogs have funny habits and obsessions with things sometimes?! Earl does - his main obsession is human skin! He'll lick it and lick it and lick it given the chance. The main area of his obsession is feet. He loves licking human feet..!

So, why does he do it?

In my opinion, it is because human skin has a natural salt - what dog wouldn't like the taste?? It could also he hereditary - yes, dogs can even gain odd habits from ancestors! Apparently, Earl's grandma was a 'licker' too, so he could have possibly got it from her!


Isn't it strange!

I am generally fine with it, as Earl likes doing it and I don't mind it either! Its quite sweet actually - especially when he licks my chin. I have even taught him a command to 'kiss' which is this action! Hehe!

Does/do your dog(s) have a funny habit or obsession with something? Are you generally happy with it or want to change it? Comment below!

Earl and I.

7 comments:

  1. Dakota does that too and his particular obsession is licking BEHIND women's knees if they are wearing shorts or anything that he can get to them. He is a "leg man" lol!!! He also loves licking my hands. I think it is because I am always eating and have food remnants on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is going to sound weird but I lick people's heads...especially if they are a bit bald. BOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO hahahahaha!!! Oz!!!!! That was too funny!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Earl does that to my dad, who isn't bald :-P

      Delete
  3. Well dont feel bad Earl lexus has the exact same habit!!
    She will lick my feet HOURS if i let her!!! I dont mind sometimes.....but sometimes she gets carried away lol and I have to stop her.
    Koda has a habit of coming and randomly licking my face while im sleeping in bed......which is cute and all.....and I dont mind it in the morning when it's time to get up anyways....but in the middle of the night, it sucks! LOL
    ((husky hugz frum da pack))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well… Your Huskies have bigger tongues than Earl BOL!!!

      Delete
  4. Our puppy Luke loves to lick my feet and legs, especially right after I get out of the shower. I don't mind except for if I've just put lotion on....I can't believe he thinks some of that tastes very good!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete