Monday 3 February 2014

Special Moments with my Lovely Earl - #RecipeForMoments

I am privileged to spend my life with Earl, my dearest, lovely Border Terrier. In this blog hop, hosted by our beloved BlogPaws, I will share some memorable moments that I have shared with my dog.

Below is a collage I designed which holds some wonderful, beautiful 'Earl and I' moments.



Each one of these photos holds a memory for me (there are many more photos to be truthful!). In fact, I can prove it! Below I will tell you what happened in EACH of the above photos. Starting from top left, going ACROSS.

P(number) = photo number

P1 - Here, Earl is playing with his much-adored bubbles. It sticks as a memory because he got bubbles in his facial hair and elsewhere - they dried and we had to soak them out afterwards!

P2 - Here, Earl is blinking something out of his eye. He also has one paw only on the concrete step in front of him (as you can see, one of his front legs are up) and it looks like it is winking! Obvious memory reason - BOL!

P3 - Here, Earl is sitting on my bed, looking all pink, closing his eyes at the camera flash. This sticks in my mind as a lovely memory because I entered it into an 'in the pink' doggie photo competition and we won! Its also my Your Pet Forum Avatar.

P4 - Here, Earl is on my lap on one of out very first Agility Nuts Competitions. 

P5 - Here, we are doing some agility training with our own course made out of household objects (brooms, baskets, and washing tubs!) and a proper tunnel.

P6 - Here, Earl is looking angelic. I remember it because there were various comments of how Earl looked like he was growing a washing line!!!

P7 - Here, Earl is looking out over the outstretched, calm woodland lake on a cool summers  day on the mini beach area. It was an incredible walk experience. So lovely and peaceful. Its like all the worries were washed out of your soul as soon as you stepped into the premises! 

P8 - Here, Earl is taking a break to pant and stare longingly at the ball that he has been chasing on the beach and enjoying for hours. After a wonderful week of a Devon camping holiday, a wind down at the beach before we leave was lovely.

P9 - Here, Earl is holding his fairly new, adorable little frisbee!! I bought this for him before the holiday as his special holidays frisbee, and he now plays with it at home. The glee on his little face when he comes up and encourages me to play with that breaks me into a huge grin, tearing away any previous frowns and throwing them aside for ages.

P10 -  This is a memory I will never let go of - and from such a little, simple photo! Earl has always had a tendency to regularly sit in the 'frogs legs' position. We sometimes nickname him 'the frog' or 'the little frog' because of it! Bless 'im.

P11 - Here, Earl is sprawled out relaxing on the cool concrete after a play in the sun, being calmed by the breeze. It is probably my favourite paw snapshot.

P12 - Here, Earl is nomming on a Kong Extreme. It, here, is filled with peanut butter, and he is adoring the experience! The photo makes me think of how powerful-a chewer he is, as he needs the extreme for IT to survive!!

P13 - Here, we are on holiday and Earl is relaxing under the van. Its like he is doing a proper dramatic pose here!! He has just been playing with the big, bright football I bought for him on holiday. I also entered this photo into the Your Dog Magazine Close-Up Competition which rolled back in 2013. We didn't win or run-up, but it stood out and I named it 'Earl shows that, when your a dog, its not rude to stick your tongue out!' And hey… its not in the slightest

P14 - Here, Earl is enjoying the beach once again, like in photo 8 (P8). Every single time I look at that photo, I am whooshed away facing that beautiful sea which was, literally, like a tropical paradise.  

P15 - Here, Earl is taking some of his first, confident and happy steps in water! He used to hate water before this holiday and beach experience. We had loads of fun, however he still will only go up to his chest bless him! We're working on it.

P16 - And the final photo today, here, Earl, I, and the rest of the family pack, are on a green wonderland walk. Here, we are walking over a bridge which takes us across a smashing lake with grass climbing above the surface. It is just after we have been to the beach on our holiday, cooling down.

We hope you like our inspirational photos!

And hey, don't forget, now its YOUR turn! Your chance to show the world only a few out of many of the memories with your pets you gratefully hold.




Earl and I.

5 comments:

  1. What precious photos those are!! I love that you have a special memory for each and every one of them. It shows what a wonderful life you and Earl have together!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories!!! I love hownu wrote about each one of them! Just beautiful! I'm so glad u and Earl have a great life together! And are able to share so many special moments!
    ((Husky hugz frum da pack))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos and great moments!

    ReplyDelete