Sunday 22 June 2014

Black and White Sunday - Photography and Canine Body Language Tips

Is there a time when you just sit and stare at your beautiful little loved dog? And you take some snapshots too, to truly capture the moment? Is there a moment where a noise is made in the house, and your dog perks up his ears and looks alert and in that direction? *Pew pew pew, snap snap snap* the cameras off! 

I also have a few photo taking tips and ideas under each photo for you to have a look at a try out! PLUS some tips and ways to read canine body language, and how to identify this through image!

Here is my first bonny example. We start with a few portrait images.

What a bonny little boy!


You see how Earl is looking at something
 away from me? Here is when you can get a good

 profile photo. He is alert and looking at where the
noise is coming from, trying to identify it himself.
Here is have captured a full-body photo, including
the paw lift, which usually shows a dog who is
slightly confused. Here Earl is confused at the
weird sound he is hearing. He is wary of it. He is
all alert and wondering.

Here is my second example.

You see how Earl is looking at me here? This
photo shows that he has relaxed, that he is no
longer alert at hearing anything. He begins to
pant again. His eyes also become more closed up.
This is a great front view photo - a great one to
truly capture the lovely face of a dog.

Here is my 3rd example. Now we move on to a few landscape images.

Earl seems to have seen/heard something again!
 Here, he is closing his mouth to stop the panting
 while he listens for what is making him become
 alert and wary. Here, you can try and capture him as he
 puts his tongue away - see how cute it looks!
He is stopping panting so that he can hear whatever
 grabbed his attention over the
'paahaahaahaahaaha' of the panting.

Here, Earl is relaxed however just glancing
 around. His tongue is out and he is generally
 happy with the running of his surroundings.
Tongue out photos are true crackers.
They capture a usually healthy, happy dog.
Especially side views of the panting tongue, especially
 largely panting tongues.

I hope that this was a helpful and enjoyable post for you. Tips given in detail and in two fields in one post, and some gorgeous photos you can't possibly go one day at Earl's World without!! Now for...

A bit on Photo editing (changing the colour looked at in more detail)

Do you love Black and White Sunday, and Sepia Saturday? We do indeed! But can't you participate, because how on Earl's World do you change the colour in the first place!? Read on for a bit more info…

Changing the colour and generally editing photos that you have already taken adds a special feel to the image. Its great for special days dedicated to certain colour photos more online, and it just looks stunning. However some photos look better with a certain colour than others. Some photos, you just MUST keep the photo the original colour for full blast and effect.

Try using a site like the following to edit your photos:

~ Picmonkey
~ Photobucket
~ Flickr
~ Pizap
Pixlr

(P.S. I found Pixlr to be the most helpful source to re-colour my social media buttons for my blog sidebar!)

Sometimes depending on your technology software (e.g. Windows, Mac etc) you can also edit the colour and other cool edits of photos in your Photo Library on your desktop or in your memory. 

Have fun and I hope you get some cool results out of editing!

If you want us to help, want our opinion, are a photographer and you'd like us to share your work, or you'd just like to show us your knew designs, please email us at borderterriersruleOK@gmail.com - and we'd love to hear from you!



We're participating in the Black And White Sunday Blog Hop hosted by Dachshund Nola and Sugar The Golden Retriever - thanks again, guys!


24 comments:

  1. Happy b/w Sunday Earl, my cute little friend. My mom say she could just sit and look at us forever, so I know what you are dealing with. It's great to be loved, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Emma! Aw, that is so kind of her! Yep! It sure is!

      Delete
  2. Great post, thanks for sharing!!! Happy B&W Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PAWsome. LOVE the PAW Lift .... Sugar's pose when she want a banana treat :-) A SMILE n a pant is always a great photo. Have a great Sunday. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hehe! Bless her! Yep! Sure is! Thanks, you too Sugar!

      Delete
  4. I read the calming signals book recently. It's all about body language, I think you would enjoy it if you haven't read it already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! That sounds like a very interesting book. I haven't read it, but I would sure love to!

      Delete
  5. Those are great tips and awesome shots of Earl. Have a terrific Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you find them helpful! You too Melissa!] and the Barking crowd!! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful tips and photos! Of those programs you listed, my Momma uses picmonkey for her photo editing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful tips! Thanks for sharing! I use a few of those different editing programs, I spend quite a while doing edits every day. I absolutely love it.
    Happy Sunday!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips and even greater pictures! Earl is definitely a handsome pup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures and thanks for the tips! Hope you had a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some wonderful tips, thanks for sharing!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips and pics! I'm going to have to come back and read it through again when I have more time.
    Cheers!
    Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider - With Balzac!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey amazing!! I was surfing the internet just now to look for some stylish poses for my dog's 6th birthday. I love my dos and I had even borrowed my friend's DSLR to save the special memories of the day. I was just searching for some photography techniques that could make my dog look special and beautiful. Thanks God I came across your blog and I love it.

    ReplyDelete