Tuesday 17 June 2014

Tasty Tuesday - The many Benefits of Giving Dogs Peas

Do you know what really PEAS me off? Is that a lot of people stick to literally dog sausages.  Only dog treats. They never think to treat their dog with different foods, healthier foods, like vegetables and fruits. Not only do these put minimal weight on the dog, if any weight at all, they are tasty for the dog too!



Peas and other fruit and vegetables can act as very quick, very easy and very healthy and light training rewards or quick snacks for your pooches. 

They are low calorie treats, and they have many nutritional benefits - just like vegetables have great nutritional benefit on us as humans.

So come on, owners out there! Don't dismiss all human foods as possible treats for dogs! Look - there are many that are even really good for your dog's health, nutrition which all adds up for a greater well-being overall. 



More of peas + dogs = healthiness

One thing  that you are probably especially wondering about right now is that - frozen peas? Do you need to let them defrost before giving to your dog? Well the answer to that is NO! Your dog doesn't need to have his peas defrosted. If you pack them up into a container for training classes, the by the time you've driven there anyway, the peas will have defrosted. Well, the majority will have. And frozen peas are still as healthy, and no different from defrosted peas for dogs. Both forms have the same nutritional benefit of one another. Frozen peas may even help cool your dog down on hot days!! There are many goods of peas, you see!?

Dogs also enjoy other vegetables and fruits such as carrots, apples, bananas, oranges…

BUT NEVER GRAPES OR RASINS!!! 

These can be fatal. And so can chocolate. NEVER feed them to your dog or let your dog have access to them.

Bring a more exotic style of eating into your canine house and let your dogs enjoy whilst being healthy.



We're participating in the Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop hosted by 
Sugar the Golden Retriever and Kol's Notes - thanks again, guys!!



17 comments:

  1. Aw dog. I can't do it. I just can't. I love peas too much to share.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma has never given me peas before...but she HAS given me green beans. I LOVE me some green beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try peas, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar loves peas and made several treats with eat. Vegetable are good for dogs. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a child there were very few veggies we couldn't get our schnauzer to eat off our plates when Mom wasn't looking. As an adult, I've been focused on eating more of my veggies. Hoewver, I could make the supreme sacrifice of donating the peas to the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No can do for me as I am allergic to green and I even spit out petit pois which is quite thing. Peeps despairs of me as she'd like me to do veggies. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. My BFF Finley luvs tangerines - dat are her fruit of choice. I bark for it, but won't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I doubt brown dawgs would do anything for a pea...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm!!! Thanks for sharing Earl! I have never given the pups peas before! What a great idea! They love carrots! I will definitely try the peas!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm indeed! You should try them! Earl loves carrots as well, they're great at cleaning his teeth.

      Delete
  10. Excellent, Eddy loves peas, bonus that they are so good for him!

    ReplyDelete