Wednesday 11 December 2013

Wordless Wednesday - Dirty Paws after play! (& Advent 11)



!!!!!!
We are taking part in Wordless Wednesday kindly hosted by BlogPaws 


WARNING: We are sorry to speak on Wordless Wednesday, however I felt I must warm everyone about what happened on our evening dog walk today. We saw a dog roaming freely next to the road outside our house, just as we were leaving for the walk. It was dark, so it was hard to see. We realised it was a loose King Charles, therefore hurriedly popped back into the porch-way for a spare dog lead. I followed the dog, talked to it, to try and get it to come so I could put the lead on it and save it from danger. It was very timid and kept backing away and fleeing. I followed it all the way down the street, doing to best that I could to save it from traffic (most fortunately, our road is on a crescent and not too busy). It eventually went up to a house, looking around for an entrance. I knocked on the door and as soon as the property owner opened it the little dog shot in. I asked if it was her dog, and she said yes, admitting she didn't know how her beloved dog had escaped. I explained to her what I had witnessed and tried to take control of, and she thanked me over. She carried to dog back into the house and firmly shut the door. My advice for ALL other dog owners out there; make sure THE ENTIRE of your property and land is escape-proof. That dog was in such danger and who knows what would have happened to her if I hadn't been there to assist? 

11th
Festive snacks!














Earl and I.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my Earl... where were you to get such dirty paws? Happy Wordless Wednesday. Meghan at 2catsandacattledog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're in need of some Paw and Pad treatment! It's made by Tropiclean. My boss buys it for her pugs so they can have a "pedicure" while they're getting a bath. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds posh and pampering! However, dirty paws like Earl's are expected by me after such a long run around a basically mud-area :P

      Delete