Monday 12 May 2014

Monday Mischief - Canine Selfies looked at & Poll Update

Now and again, Earl likes to take a few sneaky selfies, and leave them on my camera for me then to upload to my computer the following day. I enjoy looking at what my little terrier has been up to...



And your very best smile Earl - what a lovely picture. Good selfie indeed. Real character captured by that lens. Oh yes.

Does your dog(s) have any funny 'selfies'?

There's nothing like a good selfie now and again! They're all over cameras and the net nowadays!


We're taking part in the Monday Mischief Blog Hop hosted by Snoopy's Dogblog and co-hosts Alfie's Blog and My Brown Newfies. Big woofs for that, guys!

We also have our 2 weekly dog polls to update y'all on!

So the last Poll was on a subject of mine and Earl's personal favourite… can you guess?

So it was Poll 21. 21 was on the PAWsomely PAWfect subject of dog AGILITY!

The question posed was: 'What is your Dog Agility status?'

The results came flooding forward, and they are as follows!

I train (2 - 40%)
I compete (2 - 40%)
I make homemade courses - 3 (60%)
I am a champion - (0 - 0%)
I have before qualified for large shows - (0 - 0%)
I am on a (display) team - (1 - ?%)
I have nothing to do with the world of agility (1 - ?%)
Other (4 - 80%)

Colour key:

Red - 1st, Winner
Blue - 2nd, runner up
Yellow - 3rd
Green - 4th
Black - no votes, no place

PLEASE COULD THOSE WHO VOTED 'OTHER?' COMMENT WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO WITH THE WORLD OF AGILITY?

It will benefit others and their dogs.

I do understand I forgot judging, I apologise.

Lets get started - we're quite a pair about agility!!

What happens in Dog Agility, and what is it?

Dog Agility is basically an obstacle course that dogs must negotiate successfully in the fastest time to earn placings, and aim to win the class against others with their owner, who guides them with vocal commands and hand signals after much training on each individual piece of equipment beforehand. 

What must you do to be successful?

To have the best chance of success, you must strive for a Clear Round, which involves no faults and in the set course time. The fastest and the dog with the least faults wins the overall class! With course times, say, the CT was 60secs, and you completed the run with 45secs, you will be within the time. If you got 61secs, you get a 1sec fault and it is then not classed as a clear run, regardless of if you got any obstacle faults or not.

What should you do?

Dogs must be at least 1 year/18 months to be allowed to take part in any agility, due to joint growth. However then, if you want to have a go, go and view a club or competition to get the feel of it. Many fun shows allow you to have a go at some low obstacles, on or off the lead depending on your comfortability. 

All in all, agility is a lot of fun, and builds the owner/dog relationship no end!

Agility enlightens the owner/dog relationship

Keywords learnt:

~ Agility
~ Joint
~ Growth
~ Fun
~ Shows
~ Competitions
~ Obstacle
~ Relationship 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Poll 22 will be opening NOW!! It will have 2 weeks as usual before relevant info is given on the topic.

Remember to vote and share what you think should be in place in the dog world!

*Please keep in mind that any serious problems that occur with your dog should be seen by a vet or behaviourist before coming online. This is only my opinion, in hope to benefit readers on minor issues, or even topics that are not issues.

Poll 22 is on the subject of dog commands.

The question posed is: 'What Commands do you teach your Dog(s)?'

You can vote as many times as fits.

What type of tricks do you like to teach your dog(s)?




11 comments:

  1. Earl takes a great selfie! I love taking selfies myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!! Earl, you crazy pup! My one husky Koda has been known to take a selfie or two!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earl that is a pawsome selfie we say. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Moly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selfie, Earl. My pups run from the camera because I drive them crazy with it so they haven't taken any selfies. They aren't as fearless as you! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I drive Earl crazy sometimes with the camera FLASH, but he is quite a poser BOL. You too!

      Delete