Friday 2 May 2014

The Pet Parade & Paws Up! Its Friday! - Earl in Art

Today, we are joining Rascal and Rocco and their co-hosts Jan's Funny FarmBasil the Bionic CatBarking From The Bayou, and Love is being Owned by a Husky for the Pet Parade Blog Hop! We are also following our EW Friday tradition, Paws Up! Its Friday! Where we celebrate Fridays and the coming of the weekend! In today's case, LONG weekend!

I would love to parade and show off firstly, a piece of artwork I created that gained a THIRD place in the Young Kennel Club Young Artist of the Year 2014! It is of Earl, on a rocky beach, with the sea and waves gently lapping behind him, the blue skies, and a tennis ball in his mouth, in which he is playfully grasping for the camera.

On this photo, I have shown the artwork itself, plus the original photograph I was replicating in pencil.



Now, one thing I would go back and re-do or add in if I could would be to shade in Earl's shadow. I was planning on doing this at the start of the drawing, and then lamely forgot before I sent it off and away!! - Seriously though - I am not afraid to say this and think it through in my head right now, and risk the regret. What's an artist without targets and improvement to put in place for the future? I could have also make Earl look more like one paw (left, but right as you look at it on the photograph) is on the rocky hill its on. 

Great, things to add to my artist's book of improvements!! 

Are you a doggy artist?
Do you aspire to be one?

Looking forward to my next piece!

P.S. With all our PPP business yesterday, I forgot to show you all this, with even more pride!



Yep, that's correct! We got through all the way with posts from A…. All the way to posts to …Z!

Have a happy long weekend and Friday everybody and fur-bodies!!



(Paws Up! Its Friday! is not a hop).


Alongside the Pet Parade Blog Hop linky list, we will be showing the Pet Parade's Social Media linky list! Here you can feel free to link up one or all of your favourite social medias.


10 comments:

  1. Aww what a cute drawing!!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really good drawing. I love doing graphic design with photos and such for my blog but I have no talent for art outside graphics. It always amazes me when people can create things without a computer. I wouldn't have noticed the things you want to improve unless you pointed them out. I really don't have an eye for that sort of thing but, as you said, it is a learning process. Only by making mistakes, do we get better.
    BTW ... congrats on completing the April Challenge. I didn't do it because I knew I would not be able to keep up. It is brutal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100% Stacey! All artists have their different way of deigning and creating.
      Thanks! It can be very brutal! It was the evening one day and I STILL hadn't figured out a topic matching the day's letter! *PANIC*. So I took my camera and went to see Earl. Took a few photos as to what he was doing, even if it was just lying there, sprawled out, to diving around after birds and butterflies. And then I uploaded the photos and I just came up with a letter.
      I now look back and thank my early school days in top-set English - Alliteration is key!

      Delete
  3. That is awesome, congrats on your third! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful! So much detail with all those rocks. I love that you did that rather than just a solid color ground. Great job! Thanks for sharing it on the Pet Parade. ~Rascal and Rocco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! What a lovely compliment, thanks Leah :)

      You're welcome, we love the parade!

      Delete