Tuesday 27 May 2014

Tasty Tuesday - KONG Original PRODUCT REVIEW

Who doesn't know and love Kong dog products? And most of all, who doesn't know and love Kong Original? Not me! I love them! And today, we have a Product Review especially for them!

As a first-time dog owner, since having Earl I have grown to adore and look up to the range of Kong products, especially the range of Kong Originals, shaped in the typical Kong logo shape, in which you stuff the middle with food and create a stimulating game for your pooch.


Just click on the logo or this sentence to visit the website!


So today, EW brings you a product review on this popular and much-loved dog interactive toy.

Functions

Kong Originals are designed to be stuffed with food and given to your dog who then must work to remove all the food from the inside. Depending on the creativity of your stuffing, the food inside a Kong can keep your dog working for hours! 

Types for different dogs

Kong are kind and have created a Kong Original for every age, size and chewing temperament of dogs! They come in:

Original (red) - small, medium, large, giant (XL) - for dogs who have an average chewing temperament and are middle aged.

Extreme (black) - for dogs who have a powerful, high chewing temperament and would be more likely to destroy Kong Originals. 

Puppy (tie dye colours) - for puppies, good for puppies teething with soft and delicate mouths.

Senior (Colours not red, black, or tie dye) - for old dogs, with sensitive, delicate mouths.

Your dog's Kong should be suited to his/her age, chewing temperament and size to enable the correct type of appropriate and safe playing.

Website and more information

Visit: Kong

Dogs need to play policy

At the Kong Company, Kong believes that dogs have to play. Kong products have been made safe enough that as long as your dog is suited to his appropriate size, age, and chewing temperament, you can happily leave your dog with a Kong alone, encouraging self-play and brain stimulation. Did you know? Mental exercise is known to tire dogs out more than physical exercise? I know! Mind blowing!

Our own personal views and experiences with the product

I bought Earl the Kong Extreme, because he is a powerful chewer and likely to damage the softer type. It has so far proved indestructible, and the best toy I have ever bought him.

All you need to do is wash it out after every session, to prevent mould, dirt, and/or contamination. 

Earl loves and enjoys his Kong experience, and I am 100% happy also with the product. Here are a list of pros and cons we have found since first experiencing the Kong:

Pros:

~ A variety of Kong stuffing products under Kong's name already out there on the market and online
~ Takes time for Earl to get the food out from the middle
~ Can be frozen
~ Proven indestructible
~ Easy to wash
~ Mentally stimulating

Cons:

(This is more a con on the Kong stuffing biscuits) ~ Easy for dog to get out, takes hardly any time

Well, what can I say? I have no personal Kong Original cons!! What a great sign!

Earl and his Kong







Kong stuffing products

~ Kong Original Stuffing Biscuits (small, medium, large, giant (XL))
~ Kong Stuffing Paste 

And what we always round up with after every product review… What we rate the Kong Original personally…



That's right! A FULL 5 PAW RATING! Can't get any higher than that!

Conclusion in barks

In conclusion, the Kong Original is our favourite dog toy for sale. It offers not only stimulation, but thinking and creativity on both dog and owner's part, plus encourages self-play in the dog and independent learning. 

Highly recommended by us.

This was another Earl's World! doggy product review!

Hope this was of help to you, and enjoy stuffing Kongs for your own dog(s)!


We're participating in the Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop kindly hosted by Sugar The Golden Retriever and Kol's Notes - thanks guys!











31 comments:

  1. We like the Kong treats that come in a bag, but none of us really like rubber toys and with three of us and the mess, stuffed Kongs are rather "dangerous" to have. I think if we were a single dog home it might be a better solution as I know all our friends love stuffed Kongs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see where you're coming from - all to their own in their own situation! :-)

      Delete
  2. We've never done a Kong. We tend to get lazy and move on to the easier stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review Earl. I must confess Jack is not a big fan of the kong...the only thing he likes in it is peanut butter - and mom hates cleaning that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Peanut butter is loved my both dog and owner in our household BOL!

      Delete
  4. Have you mixed the treats with the peanut butter to keep them in the Kong longer?
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my kong, mummy puts banana and yogurt in mine and freezes them - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't got one of those Earl but sure hope you enjoy yours. Have a terrific tasty Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure should, we say! Thanks, and you too!

      Delete
  7. Prince adores his kong toys but Nadie won't touch them. I think she is part cat! Prince's favorite stuffings are frozen yogurt and peanut butter mixed with food. They keep him busy and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nom! Price has wonderful taste I see!!! ;-)

      Delete
  8. We love kongs!!! They are great to keep destructive huskies busy!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD I have one of those butt she never fills it with those goodies you have..I need to change my staff xxoxxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh…. you should show her this blog post!

      Delete
  10. I love eating from my kong! If I am hungry, I start dropping it at people's feet in hopes that they'll get the hint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review of the Kong products, I don't know where I'd be without them! I stuff our Kong's (we have quite a collection, you know) with Kong stuffins, peanut butter, and all kinds of treats they love. I freeze the peanut butter stuffed Kongs; it's a cool treat a lasts longer. When I want to be healthy I stuff 'em with chicken. Now I'm getting hungry...
    Cathy Armato
    www.dogsluvusandweluvthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We went to KONG n had a PAWsome presentation, Golden LOVE it!. Do you know you have the toughest kong (black). Is that a right KONG for you? Sugar Golden LOVEs her red KONG. It's her ritual to have treat in it after her meals. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally saw your PAWsome post about going to KONG! We'd love to go. Yes, I know Earl has the toughest Kong, and he needs it, because although he is small, he is a very powerful chewer and leaves dints and rips in other toys.

      Delete
  13. Hee hee…them kongs sure do sownd like a good ideer Earl my pal…I familee buy em for me…I ignores da kong…oh well….not effurry dog be da same I gess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! Defiantly not every dog is the same Marley.

      Delete
  14. My dogs always loved their Kongs because I stuffed them with fruit, pumpkin, yogurt and froze them. I did not know about the Senior Kongs and I think I'll have to pick up a couple of those.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Pumpkin sounds delish! Hope you find good use in the senior Kongs!
      No problem!

      Delete
  15. I didn't know about the different colors being for different types of Kongs. Harper Lee's never been much of a chewer, but we're currently amassing a collection of chewy toys for when her little canine sister comes along. Harper Lee has been such an angel since Day 1 that I'm pretty sure her little sister will be a hellion. :-) Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete